Monday, June 20, 2011

Walnut Weekend

Well we couldn't have asked for a better weekend! The weather was beautiful!

It didn't start out so beautiful though. On the way to my mom's (a little over an hour drive) 2 out of 3 kids puked most of the way. I was hoping it wasn't a sign of how the weekend was going to go. I called my husband and told him to throw the eggs we had eaten that morning away, just to be safe. Once we got to my mom's they were back to normal, so who know! I guess they just wanted the trip to be memorable...

It seemed like it took forever, but I finally made it to Omaha. After a quick change at Holly's we headed to Grisanties for supper with our friend Julie. It was so nice to hang with the girls, it had been so long! After eating and talking, we parted with Julie and headed to DJ's Dugout to watch the blazing pianos. My cousin Andrea met us there. She's kind of sneaky and managed to get me on stage for my own song:


We stayed out almost til closing time! I wont go into any other details, as the girls probably don't want me to!

Holly and I did manage to get up early the next morning and head for Walnut. I did only snap a couple of pictures. It didn't seem like they had as many shoppers as usual. I'm sure the flooding in the area made it hard for some people to get there.


I wasn't really looking for anything and I didn't really buy that much. These are just a couple of the things I picked up. I had bought some things for my mom, but didn't get pictures. I also picked up some things that I'm adding to my etsy shop!


When we got back to Omaha, I headed to Archivers. I by far spent more money there! Oh how I wish I had a store like that a little closer. Well maybe not, I would be spending way too much!

It was so nice to get away for a little while, but oh so nice to get back to the kids!

No comments: