Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Garden Update

Well I've finally been able to reap the rewards of my garden. I eeked out enough produce to do a little canning. I was so excited that I didn't care that I only had enough banana peppers to pickle two jars worth. It's a new recipe for me so I guess this is the best way to try them out before I do more right?
So this week I did Dill Pickles, Pickled Banana Peppers and Candied Jalapenos.  I have these all on my Garden Pinterest board, you can follow it here.

Follow Heather's board From My Garden on Pinterest.

I did process my pickles so that they could be stored longer. This may make them slightly less crunchy. I guess we'll see!
I have tomatoes that are starting to turn that wonderful shade of red, so I see much more canning in my future!

No comments: