Thursday, April 9, 2015

April Twistback Challenge

It's time for April's twistback challenge over at Sketch-N-Scrap. This sketch is from October 2012 and the twist is to use a mask or stencil with ink or paint.
I used two different stencils in my layout. The first one I pulled out was this herringbone that I just purchased at Hobby Lobby. I found it in the isle with all of the home decor stencils. I actually purchased a few different patterns. They are pretty inexpensive as far as stencils go. Not as thick of plastic as craft ones so I don't know how long they will hold up or if I'll be able to use them with my dimensional pastes. Time will tell, but it was certainly worth the $3 to try it out!

 The second stencil I used was on the green butterfly. This one was a Tim Holtz burlap stencil. 

Our neighbors raise goats and we went over the other day to check the babies out. It happened to be feeding time so everyone got a turn bottle feeding a baby goat. The kids want to walk over daily now to check the other "kids" growing progress.
Items I used in this layout:
Card Stock • White
Herringbone Stencil • My Stash
Mister Huey's Color Mist • Honor Society
Mister Huey's Color Mist • Doris
My Minds Eye • Fly a Kite • Everyday Alpha Paper
My Minds Eye • Fly a Kite • Genuine Bingo Paper
My Minds Eye • Life of the Party • Happy Day Argyle Paper
Ranger • Archival Ink • Monarch Orange
Tim Holtz • Distress Tool
Tim Holtz • Burlap Stencil
Script Stamp • My Stash
Faber-Castell • Pitt Big Brush Art Pen • May Green
Faber-Castell • Pitt Big Brush Art Pen • Orange Glaze
Brads • My Stash
Basic Grey • Hopscotch • Mini Mono Stickers
Basic Grey • Little Black Dress • Stickers
We R Memory Keepers • Anthologie • 6x6 Paper Pad
Papertrey Ink • Beautiful Blooms 2 • Die Set
Sizzix • Butterfly #12 Die
Sizzix Big Shot
Scotch ATG

No comments: