Thursday, June 11, 2015

Sketch N Scrap June Twist Back Challenge

I have our twist back sketch for you from Sketch-N-Scrap. Haven't played along with one of our twist backs yet? Well the back is that we are using a sketch from the past, and the twist for this challenge is to use WASHI TAPE in your layout. Take a look at what the design team came up with over on the SNS blog.
I ended up using quite a bit of washi tape on my layout. Other than the main piece of paper, I only used one other piece of scrapbook paper on this layout, the elements are mostly tape.
The other day in Hobby Lobby I was looking in their paper pad isle as it was all 40% off. And there it was! 12x12 sheets of watercolor paper. I was so excited to grab a pad to use for mixed media layouts! The thicker paper works great for painting or spraying as it doesn't bubble all up like card stock. There is a little movement to the paper, but it is easier to smooth out once dry.
Another quick technique I want to share is how I laid out my title. I used a piece of clear acetate to help with the layout. By gently sticking the letters on the acetate, I could maneuver them how I wanted and lay it on the layout to see how it looked before sticking them to the paper. Pretty slick!
Items I used in this layout:
Watercolor Paper
Fancy Pants • As You Wish • World Travels
My Stash • Colored Tag
My Stash • Various Washi Tape
Gelatos
Watercolor
My Minds Eye • Lime Twist • Life of the Party • Sweet Accessories Sheet
My Minds Eye • Lime Twist • Life of the Party • Glitter Stickers
Basic Grey • Sugar Rush • Alphabet Stickers
Basic Grey • Hop Scotch • Mini Mono Stickers
Basic Grey • Cappella • Mini Mono Stickers
October Afternoon • Daily Flash • Red Wagon Alpha
October Afternoon • Daily Flash • Early American Alpha
Scotch ATG

No comments: