Saturday, August 15, 2015

Sketch N Scrap Layout Challenge #87

School has started here in Nebraska and we are having quite a time adjusting to the new schedules in our house. I am however enjoying some quite time now that the kids are out of the house all day. Time well spent on scraping! Hopefully you all have time to play along with this fun sketch from Sketch-N-Scrap. Make sure you head over to the blog to see what the design team all came up with.
I had been wanting to scrap this photo of the kids seeing the Ocean for the first time. This sketch was perfect because it featured one large photo. The orientation didn't quite work for me so I flipped the sketch to accommodate my photo. Next I took the photo over to my drawers (and drawers, and drawers) of paper to pick out the perfect one for the background. The sheet is from Basic Grey and it was perfect. The colors worked so well with the photo and the horizontal lines mimicked the lines in the photo. Such a fun sketch to do, I hope you all have time to give it a whirl!
Items I used in this layout:
Basic Grey • Capture
Basic Grey • Nordic Holiday • Slalom
Echo Park • Memos • 3x4 Journaling Cards
We R Memory Keepers • 4x6 Journal Cards
Basic Grey • Cappella • Mini Mono Stickers
Basic Grey • Wander • Office Tabs
Studio Calico • Tiny Type Stickers

2 comments:

Lisa in Texas said...

Beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

The choice of the background paper is just perfect. The 3x4 cards matched perfectly together too with the photos and the background. Must have been so fun for the kids to see the ocean and play there for the first time!