Friday, January 6, 2023

Still Making Cards...


I have a few more cards to get done before I switch gears, so I thought I would share a few more with you.
The Doodlebug Designs stamp set I was using in the last post had this layered cake in one of the sets. While it could be made to look like a birthday cake, I decided to turn it into a wedding cake.

I did some pretty simple designs, letting the cake be the focal point. I only colored the embellishments of the cake, covering the main parts with my Wink of  Stella brush for a beautiful shimmer.

I just wanted to add this work in progress.. Most of the time when I'm trying to get work done in the craft room I have music playing. Sometimes I put youtube on my tv and watch other makers at work. One of the videos I just finished was from Jennifer McGuire showing inking techniques. The cards were gorgeous. I especially loved the beveled diamond embossing folder ones.
The next day my daughter wanted to go to Hobby Lobby to look for something. I found myself in the die cutting isle. I don't know for sure what is going on there, but every last die, embossing folder, and accessory were clearanced. And they were highly clearanced. So of course I HAD to look through them. And what was there... the beveled diamond embossing folder from Spellbinders.
Ahhh.... so beautiful.

 

No comments: