Tuesday, February 13, 2024

More Antiques and I Need Help With a "What is it?"

More collections today! 
These buckets come from both my mom and I.  Who doesn't love little buckets. It's hard to imagine that this is what you used to buy your groceries in! I believe I have another one or two of these in my decor. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with these yet.

Another fun group of items are these wooden containers. The one on the left is a two sided measure. I have had it for year. I don't even remember where I got it. You can measure out two different sizes, depending on which side you scoop with. The middle piece was something my mom picked up. Just a large scoop bucket I believe. There is a hole for hanging it up. I can see it being something used in a barn a long time ago.
Now the piece on the right came from my mom's collection. I do not know what this piece is or was used for. A round cylinder of wood. But the pieces wrapped around to make the shape are different sizes.
This picture shows the pieces from the top.
Here are two more pictures of the "what is it"piece. The wood is bent in uneven portions around to make. I didn't know if it was some kind of mold? Or just a use what we have bucket? Let me know what you all think.
I hope to have some more to share soon.  A lot of my spare time has been spent cheering on these two. 2 more games and then we are on to track season!



 

No comments: