Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Growing Up!

That's what we've been doing lately. A lot of growing up! I mean, they are growing faster than the weeds in my garden! They are very independent, wanting to do things on their own, but there are days they get very frustrated when things don't go their way.

They love their bouncy turtle I got them. We've only had a couple of situations where two think they need to be on it at the same time.


Kind of like this picture. Rylan was content rocking in the chair until Brett decided he wanted to rock as well. Unless I step in, they fight for quite a while since no one wants to give in to the other.


A couple of weekends ago we headed back to my parents house. Saturday night we went to watch my dad at the races. The boys REALLY enjoyed it. Brett especially loved to watch the cars go round and round waving his arms madly as they went by. You can tell from the picture, we were in a sky box, there is no way I would have taken them if we had to sit outside. Way too loud and dirty!


We've actually had some warm weather this year. Finally. We had just got back from running a quick errand on Mother's day and when I took them out of the car, I let them roam on the grass while I set up a sprinkler. Once the water started going, the little explorers wanted to know what that was all about. Brileigh was not impressed at all. She really hated the fact that she was barefoot on the grass. (We've since fixed that problem with Old Navy flip flops!) Brett thought the sprinkler was okay, but preferred mom's new landscape of rocks. Rylan on the other hand charged into the water and thoroughly enjoyed himself. Come on Summer!


And check out Miss Brileigh! Sporting the pigtails! Her hair grows soo fast! She loves to get her hair done in the morning. She sits in the bathroom so nice. Every once in a while mom lets her play with a make up brush. She pretends to pat it in powder and they wipes it around on her face. She is ALL GIRL!





No comments: