Saturday, October 15, 2011

More Finished Pieces


So the weather has been beautiful today so I decided to work in the garage and outside finishing up a couple of things that I started a while back. I took some old window frames and jazzed them up a bit making them into cork/chalk boards. I've added knobs on the bottom for hanging other essentials and made custom push pins for the cork side.
 
 
I used the chalk board spray paint and coated the plywood with it. I didn't want a perfectly smooth look, so I left some of the detail in the wood when I sanded it before painting.

 
I don't know which one I like better!


I also finished a shelf I built from scratch, but the stain is drying at the moment. Pictures will be posted on it later! Back to work!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great creations.
TFS,
Tam

theoldesaltbox said...

Thanks so much Tammy!