Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Boy Boy Girl!

Well winter has come rather quickly in the Midwest! We had over a 1/2 foot of snow on Saturday! I didn't leave the house all day! Now today it is raining, and with temps in the 30's it wont be long before it gets nasty. The forecast calls for slightly warmer days in the future however. I can't help but notice how screwed up our seasons are getting! But hey cold weather calls for crafting right?? Since I didn't leave the house on Sat. and Sun I was gone only as long as the church service, I had plenty of time to craft! I have met my quota for the Handmadens craft show, which is always a relief, now I can work on extra things!


I made quite a few lights this year. Here is one example. I have multiple lights per room in my house. I love the soft glow they add to corners and cupboards at night. They are pretty simple to do. Find a container and start filling with goodies! This one has tons of greenery, candy canes and glittery ornaments. I topped it off with one of my homemade glittery white bulbs.


Now, while I stayed home all weekend, I didn't feel like getting out of bed much, so I found the perfect thing to do in bed! Penny Rugs! I started making the oval runner on Saturday and finished it yesterday. On Sunday I put together these pillows and stained and baked them. Then yesterday and today I sewed the pennies on. They are nice little projects that go rather quickly. I might just have to make more!


Okay now I know the title to this post is Boy Boy Girl, and I haven't even touched on that yet! Well at my appointment on Friday, the doctor finally confirmed that the last baby was a girl! We are both soo happy. We wanted a mix and God willing the doctors are right, we got it! Things are still going great inside. The outside, well, I am really starting to wear down. It doesn't take much for me to get exhausted. Luckily I have plenty of opportunities in a day to rest and I take full advantage of that! In a couple more months I will be getting NO rest! I'm starting to think my goal of having these babies in January isn't going to happen though. I guess as long as they are ready and healthy when they come is when they come. I just ask for prayers that the rest of the way goes as smoothly as the past!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

HIP HIP HORRAY!!! BOY BOY GIRL!!
I am so Happy for you. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Keep up the wonderful work growing those sweet angels.

Your crafts are great. I do like the light . I bet that sells quickly. You did a great job with the Penny projects too. I love that oval piece. You inspire me to get sewing. I have the wool waiting :)

theoldesaltbox said...

Thanks so much Audrey! Its been quite the ride so far. I just can't wait until they are here!