Friday, February 12, 2010

Another Baby Update

First off, I apologize, I have been a horrible blogger! Can I use the fact that the babies came home Jan. 3rd as an excuse? I have been having so much fun with them, a lot of things have gotten pushed to the back burner. So far I've done it by myself and it's really not that hard. They came home eating every 3 hours. The feeding (and pumping) schedule was 10 1 4 7. I can feed them in an hour so that left 2 hours to sleep. I did take naps with them in the afternoons. After a couple of weeks I stretched it to every 4 hours. We are now on a 3 7 11 schedule. I for the most part don't need naps now, which is a good thing because there is always someone up between feedings in the day. They have their nights and days figured out, as on now they sleep between their night feedings. (Knock on wood that doesn't change!)

It works because they are my only priority. I don't have to do anything else, so they always come first. That's the nice thing about being self employed. I have gone into work with them a couple of times to catch up on paperwork, since my husband is not a good book keeper. Other than that we have only left the house for doctors appointments. I have had help with those, thankfully. Being winter I haven't wanted to use the stroller, so either my parents, mother-in-law or other family members have helped me carry them into their appointments.

As for the babies, they finally past their due date (Jan. 28th) so now they are starting to act like newborns. They coo a little bit and their eye site is a little better, they will focus on your face.

I finally got around to hanging some things in their room. It's pretty crowded in there, but it works for now. As soon as they can stand we'll have to figure something else out. I can already imagine them crawling into each others cribs with them that close to each other!

We had a quick doctors appointment last Friday to get a Synagis shot. They weighed them to get the correct dosage. Here is where we came in:

Rylan: 7 pounds 12 ounces

Brileigh: 7 pounds

Brett: 8 pounds 2 ounces

They've come a long way! And the fun is only beginning! I can't believe how blessed I have been. This bottom photo is of my dining room table. It has been transformed into a scrapbooking table. I've never scrapbooked before but always wanted to. I had a good friend Lori come over to help me get started. Due to our talking and baby playing I think we got 1.5 pages done all day! Luckily my Mom got me premade scrapbooks from Hallmark, so that will help a lot. I know if I don't start working them now they will never get done, so wish me luck!

Well it is nearing another feeding time, so this is all I've got to post today. Hopefully I'll be a little better in the future!


Audrey said...

The babies are so BEAUTIFUL!!! I have had you all in my thoughts and prayers. Keep up the good work Momma. I will be looking forward to the next update.

Martha said...

Your little ones are so beautiful, you are indeed truly blessed. Your heart must fill with sunshine when you look at them and hold them. Three precious little bundles. May God watch over them and your family.

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

I think you are excused from being away from blogging or anything else for that matter!