Monday, June 11, 2012

Sketch N Scrap Challeng #7

So I had this photo sitting around, just waiting to be scrapped. I don't usually scrap just one image, but this photo needed it's own page. I know that someday soon, I won't be able to fit 3 toddlers in one tub. But they have so much fun playing in the water together!

This is the sketch for the Sketch N Scrap Challenge this week. Add your take to the blog!


I used some fun products and some new techniques on this weeks layout. I have the Pink Paislee Mistables papers on my website and this is my first time playing with them. I used some Ranger Distress Ink Pads to color the paper to match the She Art paper I used in the middle.


For the "bubbles" I used my circle punches to cut out 3 different sizes in vellum, then glued them on the layout with Glossy Accents. To finish them off, I covered the edges with Diamond Stickles.


To make this bottom piece, I ran a piece of vellum through my big shot with the Sizzix Summer Set bubble die. I put a piece of blue paper under to show off the bubbles and pained on some more stickles to glitter them up a bit.


Products used in this weeks sketch:



Ranger • Distress Ink Pad • Barn Door
Paper Studios • La Petites 3D Stickers • Bath Time
Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders • Summer Set
Sizzix • Big Shot

3 comments:

2Pennies (Jennifer) said...

I love the bubbles made out of vellum! I'm glad I came over here to make this comment because I couldn't tell from the Sketch N Scrap site how great the blue bubbles below the photo look!

bird said...

very cute!I love the bubbles.

theoldesaltbox said...

Thanks so much ladies! The bubbles did turn out wonderfully! Next time I might glue them down with a spray adhesive instead of glossy accents, I think that might work better!