Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cheap? Yes I am...

So it wasn't that many years ago I started crafting for money. I worked in a little craft store and I started painting signs to sell. I think it was in 2002. In 2003 I started doing craft shows and just about everything I made was wood. I got a wild hair and decided I wanted to start sewing. It was around Christmas time so my mom bought me my first sewing machine for Christmas. It was a $100 New Home sewing machine. A nice simple machine that did everything I needed it to do. Sew. Gradually I stopped working in wood and when I opened my store, the sewing machine got moved there. It moved back home with me when I closed my retail shop years later. That cheap little sewing machine made a lot of things. Years after I got it, it started slowing down until one day it stopped. I took it in to get it cleaned and it worked like new. In November it started slowing down again. It was 7 years old and I had only had it cleaned once, so it was probably due! I took it in, but this time it didn't seem to work as fast as I remembered it had. I didn't think too much about it until the other day when it really slowed down again. Sadly I came to the realization that it's day might have finally came.

I was in Walmart yesterday and I broke down and bought another sewing machine. This time a little more was spent, $150. I got a Brother this time, it has a lot of good reviews online so I hope I made a good choice. I haven't had time to do more than take it out of the box, but it makes my other one look soo small! I can't wait to start playing with it, hopefully tomorrow I'll have some time to escape to my craft room and learn how to tread the thing!




No comments: