Friday, March 15, 2013

Sketch N Scrap Challenge #29

Is it really the middle of March already? Time flies when you're having fun! Speaking of fun, check out the newest sketch from Sketch N Scrap! I had fun playing with this one, make sure to you head on over to the site to upload your layout!
 I took these photos almost a year ago. My son was sick with a high fever that refused to go away. We were out of town, on a weekend, in the middle of the night... Of course. Why would children think to get sick at any other time, right? Anyway, after the we drove 20 minutes to the hospital and went through the doors, his temperature disappeared. Just like that. During our visit there, the only thing that he was worried about was running out of cookies.
 The papers I chose for this layout are from Basic Grey. I needed a solid sheet, but stark white was a little too much, so I misted it with some Tattered Angels spray and the distressed look matched perfectly with the patterned papers. For the title piece I again laid it out in Illustrator then cut it with my CriCut.
I added a little journaling spot to the layout as well. When making up the strip across the middle I layered 3 papers. The green is the main color, the grey I ripped for a distressed look and then I added a little strip of red to tie in the title color.

Items I used in this layout:
Basic Grey • Wander • Tarmac
Basic Grey • Little Black Dress • Tuxedo
Basic Grey • Indie Bloom • Polyvore
Basic Grey • Oliver • Office Tabs
Basic Grey • Oliver • Chip Stickers
Tattered Angels • Glimmer Mist • Black Magic
Ranger • Distress Ink • Pumice Stone

No comments: