Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentines Day!

This is the first year the kiddos made valentine boxes at home. We scoured pinterest for ideas and came up with a ton of them. Minion boxes, castles, ponies, cars, trains... Too many possibilities! When I started really thinking about it I decided to do the same thing for all three. That way no one could be upset that theirs wasn't "as cool".  I pitched the idea of mail boxes to the kids telling them how much fun it would be to have a mailbox in their room after Valentines. They could write each other letters and play mailman. It worked, they were hooked.

I started with 3 boxes roughly the same size. After figuring out the way to put the first one together, I was able to put the other two together in less than 20 minutes.
 The next step was to gesso the boxes. It really helped in painting later.
The kids got to pick out what colors they wanted and I painted the boxes. They got to add stickers and glitter. They were pretty pleased with the end results.
For their handouts in school, Brileigh made paper flowers to put on top of her "Awesome Sauce". Brett bagged up some Smarties and Rylan gave fish bowls.
 
They came home from school with mailboxes packed full of goodies, so I'd say it was a good day!

No comments: