Sunday, April 18, 2021

Sketch Challenge from Freshly Made Sketches

Something new from me! It has been quite some time since I've played along on a sketch challenge other than Sketch-N-Scrap. I've recently needed to make a lot of cards so I went looking for sketches to inspire me. Freshly Made Sketches is a fun blog that I just happened to stumble upon so I thought I would play along with their latest sketch.

For my card I decided to make it a shaker. Given the sketch, I used heart shapes to make the focal point and each one is an individual shaker. That way even  if the card is stood up there is still sequins in each cutout.

 

For the background, I made a rainbow effect using my blending brush and a mix of oxide stamp pads by Ranger.

 

I repeated the rainbow effect on the bottom piece to help the sentiment stand out. The hello itself is cut out of multiple layers of black paper that is stacked to pop it up and finished off with Wink Of Stella and Glossy Accents.



 

1 comment:

Kim S said...

This is such a fun use of the sketch!! I love all of the heart shakers - along with the rainbow! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.